Pine.blog Community Guidelines
Code of Conduct
Pine.blog is a diverse platform that advocates for intra- and inter-community dialogue and is a place to share your interests and opinions with other unique individuals.
Diversity within the Pine.blog community is important, and no one should feel unwelcome in the conversation or community due to the poor behavior of a few individuals. To that end, we’ve listed below actions that would be considered in violation of the Code of Conduct for Pine.blog.
This Code of Conduct applies to all spaces managed by Pine.blog and applies to everyone equally, not only to independent users, but to the founder and others working directly for Pine.blog as well. Consequences for violations may include an immediate and permanent ban from using Pine.blog.
Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Discriminatory language/hate speech* in any context.
- Threats or threatening language directed at another person or group.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Repeatedly harassing and/or personally insulting other users.
- Unwelcome sexual attention/harassment.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
* Language that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Information on how to report any violation of the Code of Conduct is detailed in the section below.
While most reports will undergo full review prior to action being taken, in certain clear cases of malicious infraction, a ban on the user in violation may occur immediately, prior to review.
We welcome your feedback or suggestions on how to improve the Code of Conduct and/or the reporting process. If you disagree with the concept of Pine.blog having a Code of Conduct in general, we recommend that you not use this service.
TL;DR, don’t be jerks.
Reporting a Code of Conduct Violation
If you believe someone is violating the code of conduct, we ask that you report it by emailing email@example.com.
If there is any concern of physical danger either for you or anyone else, please notify appropriate law enforcement immediately. If you have this concern but are unable to contact law enforcement yourself, please include this in your report and we will attempt to notify them.
Unless doing so would compromise someone’s physical safety, all reports will be kept confidential. If you are unsure whether the incident is a violation, but would like it reviewed, we encourage you to still report it.
In your report please include:
- Subject: Incident Report
- Your contact information (if we need to get additional information)
- Names (real, nicknames, or pseudonyms) of any individuals involved, and witnesses as applicable
- When and where the incident occurred.
- Your account of what occurred, and any supporting records (if available).
- If you believe this incident is ongoing.
- Any other information you think may be relevant.
Please send incident reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send you a follow-up email within at most 24 hours to acknowledge receipt of the report. A Code of Conduct Review team will meet to go over the incident and collect any additional needed information.
If a violation has occurred, action will be taken and may include a permanent ban from Pine.blog for the user(s) in violation of the Code of Conduct.
The original reporter will be contacted with the outcome of the review, and with what action, if applicable, was taken. We welcome feedback from the reporter but cannot guarantee it will affect the review team’s decision.